June 13, 2020
Our Director of Consulting Services, Sarah Wood, believes COVID-19 has strengthened teamwork within many organisations.
There is nothing like a global pandemic to drive change!
The COVID-19 situation has meant that Brockhurst Consulting has not only had to rapidly change the way we deliver our services for the foreseeable future, but we have also built upon and re-designed our services to ensure we can help organisations and individuals with the range of support they are most likely in need of right now….
Supporting employees whose roles have been significantly impacted through our career transitioning services; we have developed an extensive suite of online tools (interactive videos) and we are facilitating virtual workshops to help people find a new job in these challenging economic times
- Virtual facilitation – we have created a virtual platform for facilitating our entire range of workshops. In mirroring activities we would normally run during our face to face workshops, focus groups and staff forums, we use various online tools including breakout rooms for smaller group discussions, polls, whiteboards and chat box functionalities for collaboration and participant engagement, and provide ongoing access to recorded versions of the workshop’s information and related resources.
- We also offer advice and guidance on effective facilitation of virtual workshops
- Digital coaching – we know teachers, academics and trainers at schools, universities and other organisations around the countryare currently faced with enormous pressure moving to a new way of delivering learning so we have partnered with VidVersity to offer a digital coaching service – this service is designed to help teachers/trainers/academics/staff move their content online, whether that be technical support, learning design support, pedagogical support, training on how to create videos, how to run online meetings or just general emotional support
- Strengthening leadership capability to lead through periods of unprecedented change – we mentor and coach leaders to help themselves and others cope with the emotional turmoil of uncertainty and change.
- Helping team members re-engage and adopt new workplace behaviours and ways of working
- Assisting with communications – we prepare messages for staff, clients and other stakeholders
- Conducting surveys and writing reports where these would help inform support initiatives for the organisation’s workforce
The pace of change has never been faster and can be overwhelming during times like COVID-19 but we can make everyone’s change journey just that little bit easier.